Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Oh me.. oh my ...

    This week I have officially started my last semester of my senior year in high school and my last semester in college before I get my AA degree. One day in and I already cannot wait for spring break!! This is depressing. I am praying that God will prepare my mind and body for another 4 months of caffine overdoses and all-nighers. Its tiring and its hard, but I know good things come to those who wait and are willing to work hard. I know I need to take things one day at a time
     Tomorrow is also my last weightlifting meet...ever. This is something that has been a huge part of my life for the past 6 years... yes 6, and it's hard to think that it will be over. I have poured so much time and energy and heart into this sport; suffered bruises, sore muscles, injuries, sweat, tears... and now its coming to a close. I lead a devotion and prayer before every meet and tomorrow will be the last time that I will be able to do that. I've spent the last couple of days looking back on all the years: how our program has changed, how I have changed, all the people that have come and gone, all the friends I have made. Weightlifting has taught me a lot. It taught me discipline, hard work, drive, and how I have to go after what I want, I cant just sit back and wait for things to come to me.... so yeah, its definately bittersweet, but I am also looking ahead to what else God has in store for me and how I will be able to use the extra time to further His kingdom :)
       

   

No comments:

Post a Comment